Monday, October 6, 2008

Life is precious...

So tonight I walk into the church office room where we plan the junior high nights, and two of my high-schoolers were having this conversation:

"Did you know Sara Shields?"
"Oh yeah. Why?"
"She died this weekend."
"What?!"
"They found her body at the bottom of the high bridge at Lucky Peak"
"Oh my gosh..."

or something along those lines...

Yeah. Come to find out, this girl's name was Sara Shields, a senior at Timberline High School, and an amazing cross country runner.

I didn't know her. but I know many people who did.
And seriously...Boise cross country is kind of a big family...I mean, being 3 years older than her I probably raced her at some point...

I just can't believe it.

They don't know what happened. The news hasn't actually released a name yet, just "Dead body found at lucky peak." Nice, by the way...

Her death is said to be "suspicious." But really nobody knows what happened.
Whatever did happen--suicide, homicide, accident...it is a tragedy.

God...how awful...I can't imagine what her loved ones are going through...

~RIP Sara~
You & your family are in my thoughts and prayers
<3

No comments: