Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Waking up EARLY!!!

So. This has been the first week of babysitting for Lorissa & Johnny from 630-830 AM everyday, except Tuesday, on which I work from 530 AM to noon. WHEW! I've had to totally change my routine, b/c I used to stay up until all hours of the night and sleep in til the afternoon! Now...I roll out of bed around 6:10 (5 on Tuesdays), and TRY to be in bed by midnight...which is HARD!!! P.S. Just in case you're wondering, "babysitting for Lorissa & Johnny" means rolling out of bed @ 610ish, driving over @ 623ish, arriving @ 630, watching tv/sleeping until 830 while the boys are in bed, then going back home. Then I usually nap (since I never get more than 5 or 6 hours @ night), wake up and run, shower, and go to work on days I work @ night. The goal is to eventually be able to run before I nap, but so far I've just been too beat! My mom's like, "you should really try to get 6 hours of sleep @ night," and I just said, "whatever..."

I was SO excited yesterday because it was 76 degrees, and I ran for the first time outside in quite some time. It's been quite hot this summer...I'm not a fan of anything over low 90s. But 80s and 70s are my favorite! Yesterday was absolutely beautiful! And except for a few 90s days, the next few weeks are supposed to be FABulous. Lorissa & I just want it to stay like this forever.

So, school started around here, and I have to admit it is a little odd not going this fall--for the first time in 15 years! BUT...I really do think taking a break is the best thing. I'm planning on just cramming in a ton of credits this spring and fall, and maybe taking a few summer courses, in order to catch up a little. I have some AP credits (like 6), so if all my credits from C of I transfer to BSU, I should be only a semester and a half behind or so.

Holy cow...there was a HUGE fire in southeast Boise on Monday night. It was horrible! Ten houses were totally destroyed, 9 damaged, and one person died :( The woman that died was a professor at BSU, and my mom actually had her. How sad is that? We were really worried that a few of our friends--the Millers and the Beumelers--houses were in danger, but they were all right, thank God. My heart goes out to all the families who lost their homes, and especially to the family of the professor.

Tomorrow is Leanna's 18th birthday!!! Yeah!!! How weird is that though? :) I guess it's about time, since she is a mama now :) I think I want to get her chocolates (pregnant girls love that) and an outfit for the baby. I don't think anyone's gotten her anything for him/her yet, so that would be cool. I'm going to call and sing to her here in about 40 minutes--at exactly midnight! I doubt she answers though, because she's been sleeping SO much!!

Well, let's see. That's pretty much the news these days. I miss the Olympics SO SO much. I'm so excited to see one of my best friends from school, Megan, who is from Minnesota.
I think tomorrow I'm going to wake up Noah @ 8, b/c it's kind of a bummer never getting to see the boys in the mornings :)
THAT is pretty much it folks...

Ciao!

Briana

No comments: