Thursday, August 21, 2008

"Mommy, how do you get pregnant?"

So...I totally lucked out. Because Becky, my cousin, is in town, and my aunt and uncle told me they all were going to the fair on Thursday night. So I tried to get someone to cover my Thursday night shift. But...no luck. However, this guy Josh was like, "Hey, if you want I'll take your Wednesday shift." I don't really know why, but I was just like, "sure, that's ok." So then I find out that they are all going to the fair Wednesday! YaY!! AND I invited my wonderful cute pregnant cousin Leanna who I love, so we all went--Dave, Shannon, Morgan, Kaden, Becky, Alex, Leanna, & I!

It was SOOOO much fun. We didn't ride any rides, b/c they were extremely expensive. I'm not a ride person anyway, and Dave & Shannon had just been @ Lagoon. Plus Leanna couldn't ride any anyway. We did enjoy fair food, though! I had a yummy yummy buffalo burger! So good...beef sucks :) And I also shared a Idaho ice cream potato with Morgan--so good, I'd never had one before.

We also looked at animals--Morgan tried to feed the cows hay, but they didn't take it from her. And we learned that, apparently, when the cows are milked they are put in this room all by themselves with just a machine milking them. How sad is that?! Morgan asked, "Isn't there someone in there in case they get scared?" I agree!

Then there was this hilarious juggler who juggled sticks on fire--4!-- while performing an interpretive dance. Oh man...HILarious!! We also ran into my favorites--Uncle Gary and Becky--and Patty and RQ! Man, I love them!

So yeah, the fair was fun. And it was great to spend time with everyone. BUT...the main reason I'm posting this is for the best part of the evening. And that is when Morgan finally figured out Leanna was pregnant--she is 4 1/2 months along. She asked, "are you pregnant?" and Leanna said yes. Then Morgan proceeded to ask, "How did you get pregnant? How do you get pregnant?" And the best part: "Mommy, how do you get pregnant. PLEEEEAAASSEEE tell me, mommy, I promise I won't do it, just tell me!"
OH my gosh.....that is one of the funniest things I've heard in quite some time. Oh man. That girl is a funny one. I've never quite heard it put that way before--"I promise I won't do it, just tell me!"

Woooo.

Well anyway, it was a busy night, and I should probably get to bed.

P.S. Marci finally found my blog--YAY!!

Now I just need to figure out how to:
1)Put fun stuff on here to make it look livelier
2)Find people on here, b/c I know there are people I know on here

Well...I'll figure it out eventually.

Peace out!

And go Nick Symmonds!!!

1 comment:

Marci said...

That is the funniest story I have ever heard. I love hearing about the family on your blog. It made me so homesick. Now I know what my dad was doing too. That is great. You can get a bookshelf like mine at Shelfari .com.